Many organizations today are interested in modernizing their workloads by migrating to the cloud so that they can take advantage of the agility, expenditure, and scalability advantages. AWS offers infrastructure solutions where they are needed most, and because some workloads must remain on-premises (making a full cloud migration difficult) customers can still benefit from AWS’ cloud services while on-premises with solutions like AWS Outposts.
Below you’ll learn:
- To identify key challenges slowing the pace of modernization (latency-sensitive workloads, local data processing requirements and data residency needs)
- How AWS Outposts modernizes enterprise workloads that must stay on-premises
- How AWS’ services further your modernization journey
3 key modernization challenges
The benefits of cloud-based modernization isn't always a straight line. Particularly when it comes to workloads that have specific on-premises needs, such as:
- Latency-sensitive workloads: Legacy workloads are often part of a complex web of business-critical applications and data. Moving parts of the workload to the cloud risks creating performance problems for the business or customers.
- Local data processing requirements: Workloads that process large volumes of data can be challenging to move to the cloud, this can be due to the cost, size, bandwidth and transfer-time limitations this can impose.
- Data residency demands: Certain workloads or data will need to remain in a particular country, state, or municipality for regulatory, contractual, or information security reasons.
Enabling modernization for enterprise workloads that must stay on premises with AWS Outposts
Latency-sensitive workloads, local data processing requirements and data residency demands, can prevent workloads from being modernized using the local AWS Region. In these situations, AWS Outposts delivers the bridge between on-premises infrastructure and cloud.
- Reach data requirements as you modernize: By providing access to the same AWS infrastructure, services, APIs, and tools on premises, organizations can modernize workloads while meeting data residency needs.
- Meet local data processing needs: Applications can leverage the benefits of AWS services, while processing data locally to minimize bandwidth usage.
- Remain highly latency-sensitive: Migrate complex legacy workloads without effecting performance or customer experience.
Solving your modernization challenges with AWS
Every organization is on a cloud journey, but you can accelerate your modernization with AWS Outposts – a truly consistent hybrid experience. Take the next step in your modernization journey by reading this infographic.
Retrieved from: https://www.forbes.com/sites/awsinfrastructuresolutions/2020/10/27/modernization-challenges-enterprise-it-faces-and-how-to-solve-them/#18cd10f8ed65